Collier County Appreciation Days
Next Dates: Sunday, January 24 and Monday, January 25
Naples Zoo will welcome Collier County residents with free timed admission tickets Sunday, January 24 and Monday, January 25. Free timed admission tickets can be reserved NOW!
Under normal circumstances, Naples Zoo offers all Collier County residents free admission on the first Saturday of every month as a tangible thank you for voting to save the Zoo in 2004. Due to federal government and CDC restrictions for safe social distancing, the Free Saturday program has been suspended until further notice. Naples Zoo typically sees anywhere from 3,000 to 6,000 guests in a single day on Free Saturday.
Similar to our Free Saturday program, we are not offering rain checks for the Collier County Appreciation Days.
Things to Know For your Zoo Experience
- In compliance with Collier County Emergency/Executive Order 2020-5, Naples Zoo will be requiring guests to wear masks inside the following locations: Giftshop/Restrooms, Safari Canyon, Black Bear Hammock Bathroom, Primate Expedition Cruise and queing area, and in the giraffe feeding station.
- The giraffe exhibit area and feeding station are NOW OPEN! The feeding station is open daily 10 am to 3 pm. Masks are required for everyone 2 and up. Don't miss this new elevated experience to be face-to-face with the world's tallest animal!
- LION UPDATE: Please be patient as our lion cubs help us to figure out their new schedule.The three male lion cubs have separated from their pride, as this is a naturally occurring process that happens around this age. In addition to our main habitat, our lions at Naples Zoo also have a large yard behind-the-scenes. The cubs will rotate with mom and dad between the front habitat and backyard during the week, but the exact schedule has not been determined as we allow the pride to lead the change with some guidance from our animal care professionals.
- Naples Zoo has opened additional features, including presentations in Safari Canyon, Primate Expedition Cruises, and the playground. The playground will be closed daily from 11:30 am to 12:00 pm for cleaning. Click here for the full Daily Schedule.
Preparing for your Visit
- Please try to arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your timed entry. Being prompt to your timed entry allows us to best maintain our ability to provide guests with the safest Zoo visit possible.
- If you are late for your selected timed entry, we will do our best to accommodate you. But, if you are late, we cannot guarantee that your access to the Zoo will be immediate.
During your Visit
- Please remember the CDC social distancing guidelines to stay a minimum of 6 feet away from other Zoo guests who are not in your immediate household, especially around animal exhibits.
- In compliance with Collier County Emergency/Executive Order 2020-5, Naples Zoo will be requiring guests to wear masks inside the following locations: Giftshop/Restrooms, Safari Canyon, Black Bear Hammock Bathroom, Primate Expedition Cruise and queing area and the giraffe feeding station.
- The Zoo has installed hand sanitizing stations. But we still encourage guests to bring their own hand sanitizer for their visit for convenience and safety reasons.
- Water fountains will not be available. But guests will have access to and be able to use the Zoo’s water bottle fill-up stations.
- If you are sick or running a fever on the day of your scheduled visit, we ask that you postpone your visit for another day. Simply contact the Zoo and we will work to re-schedule you to another date and time.
Questions? Call 239-262-5409.
Of course, Naples Zoo requires financial support to operate - by paid admissions, memberships, corporate sponsorship, grants, and donations. So please, come visit on the free days, and we hope you'll like what you see, agree with the critical need of our conservation and education mission, and join in financially supporting the continued operations of your local Zoo with a membership or donation so it will continue to be around for future generations to enjoy.