NEW HOURS 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
The Zoo experience will be modified to fully provide for the safety of guests, Zoo staff and the animal collection and comply with all federal, state and local requirements and recommendations for strict social distancing. The experience will be different, but it is still the same nationally accredited Zoo and garden offering a safe, outdoor experience for children and families in the Southwest Florida community.
All guests, including Naples Zoo members, must reserve a timed ticket online by choosing a day and time to visit. Zoo members do not have to pay for these tickets as they are included with a Naples Zoo membership, but timed tickets are needed to help the Zoo maintain our limited capacity guidelines. You will need your MEMBER ID number to reserve tickets. If you don't know your Member ID, email firstname.lastname@example.org. It is NOT the number on the back of your member card.
You will need to bring your printed tickets, along with your membership card and ID, to enter the Zoo on the day and time you selected.
Additional Members Only Benefits
Things to Know For your Phase One Zoo Experience
- We have established a one-way only path through the Zoo. Click here to view the map.
- We will not be able to offer: Safari Canyon Theatre shows, Primate Expedition Cruises, Meet the Keeper talks, or access to the playground.
- The giraffe exhibit area and feeding station will also be closed for the summer, while undergoing a major and much needed renovation.
Preparing for your Visit
- Please try to arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your timed entry. Being prompt to your timed entry allows us to best maintain our ability to provide guests with the safest Zoo visit possible.
- If you are late for your selected timed entry, we will do our best to accommodate you. But, if you are late, we cannot guarantee that your access to the Zoo will be immediate.
- We have established two distinct areas, with appropriate social distancing markers, for visitors to wait to be admitted for their timed entry. Guests will not be allowed to enter the waiting areas more than 30 minutes prior to their timed entry. If you arrive earlier than 30 minutes, we ask that you wait in your vehicle until directed otherwise.
During your Visit
- Please remember the CDC social distancing guidelines to stay a minimum of 6 feet away from other Zoo guests who are not in your immediate household, especially around animal exhibits.
- Consistent with CDC recommendations, we encourage guests to bring face masks, but face masks are not required to enter and visit the Zoo.
- The Zoo has installed hand sanitizing stations. But we still encourage guests to bring their own hand sanitizer for their visit for convenience and safety reasons.
- Please consider bringing your own water and food. Wynn’s Café (near the main entrance) will be open for cold beverages only. Water fountains will not be available. But guests will have access to and be able to use the Zoo’s water bottle fill-up stations. You must show your membership card at Wynn's Café and the Gift Shop to receive your discount.
- If you are sick or running a fever on the day of your scheduled visit, we ask that you postpone your visit for another day. Simply contact the Zoo and we will work to re-schedule you to another date and time.
As the federal government’s reopening phases continue, we will be monitoring the process carefully and will eventually open more features of the Zoo when appropriate.
When Does My Membership Expire?
All memberships are being extended by the number of days the Zoo has been closed.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or call 239-262-5409 ext. 135.